Names: DeWitt, Ransom, Reddick
From: jgilker [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:58 PM
Subject: Robert C. RANSOM 1830 Ky-1912 IL, married Safronia A. REDDICK
1834 IL-1900 IL
Seeking further information on this RANSOM family.
Robert C. ( "C" could stand for Clayborn) RANSOM born either April or June 7, 1830 in Kentucky. He died Sept 27, 1912 possibly near Versailles, Brown County, Illinois. He was buried in Little Creek Cemetery. His wife, Safronia Ann REDDICK RANSOM was also buried there. She was born March 4, 1836 in Brown Co. IL. and died March 10, 1900 on their farm five miles Northeast of Versailles. She was the daughter of Thomas William & Eliza Jane DEWITT REDDICK. Unknown who the parents were of her husband Robert. They were married Feb 23, 1856 in Schuyler County, Illinois. According to Sophronia's obit she was a member of Mt. Zion Church, had 10 children, but only 5 were alive at the time of her death.
Their believed known children were:
1) Theodore born about 1857 in IL.
2) James born abt. 1862 in IL. and lived in Beardstown, Cass County, Illinois in 1912.
3) Annie born abt. 1865 in IL
4) Duan born abt. 1866 in IL may have been married to Fred SCHNEIDER & a Mister FRIES. She lived in Alton, Sangamon County, IL. in 1912
5) Lemuel Grover (went by the name Grover) born abt. May 1870 in IL. and buried July 1, 1945 in Cooperstown, Brown Co. IL. Lived in Versailles in 1912.
6) Samuel born abt. 1871 in IL & could have lived in Fulton County, IL.
7) Robert born abt. 1873 in IL. He lived in Versailles in 1912
8) Ellen born abt. 1875 in IL. She may have married Mister INGLES.
9) John born abt July 1876 in IL. He was living in Versailles Township, Brown Co. IL.in 1900 & in 1912 he was living in Hersman, IL.
Robert & Safronia may have lived in the town of Henry, Marshall County, Illinois in 1860. Robert may have had a brother, Ignatius RANSOM born abt. 1821 in Kentucky.
If any of this sounds familiar please reply,
Judi from Illinois