Names: CAIN, CAINE, GILL, HAMILTON, HERSE, HERST, HURST, HUDELSON, MASON, PERKIN, PERKINS, POTTER, SIMS, SIMMS, UTTER, UTTERS, WINNER
From: jgilker [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:36 AM
Subject: Charlotte "Lottie" SIM(M)S (1843-1922) married GILL, HAMITLON,
HURST, WINNER, UTTER in Adams, Brown, Pike Counties, Illlinois
Surnames: CAIN, CAINE, GILL, HAMILTON, HERSE, HERST, HURST, HUDELSON, MASON, PERKIN, PERKINS, POTTER, SIMS, SIMMS, UTTER, UTTERS, WINNER
Charlotte "Lottie" SIM(M)S born July 6, 1843 in McKee Township, Adams County, Illinois and died Feb 18, 1922, Lee Township, Brown County, Illinois. She was married 5 known times.
1) James HURST. (other spelling HERST, HERSE).They married Sept, 9, 1862 in Pike County, Illinois according to the Illinois Marriage Index. Apparently they had 2 children Mary E. HURST abt 1864 in Illinois William H. HURST born abt. 1868 in Illinois. Nothing more is known about James HURST. HURST or HERST children were living with Lottie and her 3rd. husband in the 1880 Hardley, Pike County, Illinois census, Mary E. HERST or HURST (listed as step daughter) born abt. 1864 Illinois, and William H. HERST or HURST (listed as step son) born abt. 1868 in Illinois.
It is possible Mary E. HURST married a Mr. PERKIN or PERKINS and lived in Timewell, Brown County, Illinois when Lottie died in 1922. Unknown what became of William H.
2) William Henry UTTER married Sept 30, 1866 in Adams Co. IL. born April 2, 1793 New York, died in Adams County, Illinois. (He first wife was Aleafa ____.) William and Lottie had one son, William Henry UTTER, Jr. born June 9, 1868 in Scott County, Illinois, died Jan 15, 1966 Mt. Sterling, Brown County, Illinois married Jennie Olene CAIN or CAINE.
3) Samuel WINNER married Dec 26, 1879 in Brown County, Illinois born abt. abt 1810 in New Jersey, unknown when he died. Samuel & Lottie had the following WINNER children living with them in the 1880 Pike County, Illinois census, but Lottie was not their mother. The children were Benjamin L. WINNER born abt 1868 Illinois, Anna C. WINNER born abt. 1870 Illinois.
4) William Henry GILL married Aug 21, 1882 in Brown County, Illinois, no birth or death dates are known for William, but he could have been killed in horse accident. Unknown if William and Lottie had children.
5) Thomas HAMILTON married April 27, 1884 in Pea Ridge Township., Brown County, Illinois, born Jan 4, 1832 in Seneca County, Ohio, died Feb 16, 1901 in Mounds Station, Brown County, Illinois. Thomas & Lottie had one daughter, Maggie HAMILTON born July 24, 1886, Brown County, Illinois & died abt. 1954 in Illinois. She married Frank E. HUDELSON.
Lottie's was the daughter of Cyrus SIMS or SIMMS born about 1794 in Pennsylvania. He died Oct 20 1889 in McKee Township Adams County, Illinois. He married Mary POTTER. She's believed to be the daughter of Weaver POTTER. She was born abt. 1803 in Pennsylvania. Cyrus & Mary moved to McKee Twp.( Weaver POTTER's family moved too) around 1840's. Other siblings of Lottie were:
Jane SIMS born abt. 1835 in Illinois
Daniel SIMS born abt 1838 in Illinois, died June 10 1880 in Adams County, Illinois, married Sarah A. HERSE.
Ruth Ann SIMS born May 6 1846 in Adams County, Illinois, died Sept 9 1928 Kellerville Adams County, Illinois, married Peter MASON
David SIMS born abt. 1848 in Adams County, Illinois
Harrisburg SIMS born abt 1864 in Adams County, Illinois.
Any additions or corrections welcome.
Thank you for your time,
Search Family and Local Histories for stories about your family and the
areas they lived. Over 85 million names added in the last 12 months.
Learn more: http://www.ancestry.com/s13966/rd.ashx